A sustainable approach to packaging
Choosing cardboard materials for your packaging can help show your customers that you care about being environmentally responsible!
Priory Press Packaging have adopted a number of measures to reduce costs and our impact on the environment. They include every level from procurement and production through to waste disposal.
All of the paper we use is FSC certified and is manufactured from pulp sourced sustainable stocks.
FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
2. Chemistry-free Plates
Printing plates are used to transfer an image to paper or other substrates. Ink is applied to the plate’s image area and transferred directly to the paper.
Priory Press use the Azura V system for plate-making, the key benefits to this are:
- Greatly reduced chemistry consumption (about a third of the usage compared to standard CTP plates – representing 100 litres per month)
- Greatly reduced waste disposal costs
- Greatly reduced water consumption no pre-wash required
- Quicker ink & water balance achieved on press reducing paper usage during start up.
- All printing plates are also recycled after use
3. Inks and sealants
- Natural Soya-based inks are used
- Soya ink is a kind of ink made from soybeans. As opposed to traditional petroleum-based ink, vegetable-based inks are more environmentally friendly, may provide more accurate colours, and make it easier to recycle paper.
4. Energy Resources
- All of the energy used to power are machinery comes from renewable source, namely wind power.
- Wind power consumes no fuel and emits no air pollution, unlike fossil fuel power sources.
5. Waste Management
- We operate an internal waste recycling plan which has reduced our waste disposal costs significantly
- All dry goods including paper, plastics, metal, cartons and laminated print are recycled.
Customer box recycling initiative
Priory Press operates a box recycling initiative with Mash Direct, whereby product is supplied in twin-wall polypropylene boxes, which are collected after use and refilled time after time with product for delivery.
6. Consumer Recycling
- Our packaging is recyclable after use by the consumer.
- Cardboard is a good component to use in the developing area of waste to energy: creating fuels and power from waste products. It releases twice as much heat per pound of waste, compared to other sources, doesn’t release toxic poisons, and its only by-product is ash.