7 Benefits of Eco-Friendly Packaging
This guest article was written by Rombus Packaging exclusively for Priory Press Packaging. It features 7 benefits of switching to Eco-friendly packaging solutions from both a business and consumer perspective.
Here is also an article written by Custom Earth Promos, a promotional materials company that specialises in reusable and eco-friendly products. They are on a mission to reduce single-use plastics by highlighting eco-friendly and reusable alternatives to many standard household items. Read their ultimate guide to going green in the home!
Increase in Demand
Eco-friendly packaging and product alternatives have seen a surge in popularity in recent times, meaning there is a huge increase in demand for products and packaging that are made with the environment in mind. Many large companies and brands are catering to the increase in demand for Eco-friendly products, with McDonald’s switching to paper straws and Iceland banning palm oil in their own-branded products last year.
The rise in conscious consumerism is having a direct impact on the way in which people shop, meaning retailers need to adapt in order to retain and increase sales. A recent survey shows that 1 in 3 consumers prefer Eco-friendly options and 35% of people were also willing to spend more on Eco-friendly products with 56% being ‘slightly likely’. This clearly reflects the current high demand for environmentally friendly alternatives to standard products and packaging, making it incredibly important that businesses adapt or at least make small changes to try and become more ‘green’.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Packaging
There are many benefits of incorporating Eco-friendly packaging solutions into your business, some of which include the following:
- Biodegradable – many Eco-friendly packaging options are biodegradable which means they naturally break down over time once disposed of, rather than contributing to landfill waste or ocean pollution
- Versatile and flexible – there are a number of different varieties of Eco-friendly packaging available meaning there will be something to suit all industries, businesses and products.
- Lowers shipping cost – Eco-friendly products tend to weigh less due to the fewer materials used to make them, meaning this can directly impact and lower your shipping costs.
- Can be recycled and used sustainably – sustainable packaging is the development and use of packaging which results in improved sustainability. Eco-friendly packaging can also be recycled rather than just thrown away.
- Improves your brand image and attracts customer loyalty – switching to Eco-friendly packaging can benefit your business by creating a positive brand image which as a result will attract customers and increase loyalty. Positioning yourselves as a business that cares about the environment will show that you have good morals.
- Reduces carbon footprint – Eco-friendly packaging is less harmful to the environment in comparison to traditional packaging types. It is made from recycled waste material which reduces the consumption of resources.
- Can save you money – As less materials and resources are needed to produce Eco-friendly packaging, there is less waste and it will also cost less as you can buy in bulk for a lower cost per unit.
Overall, Eco-friendly packaging is the next best option to using no packaging at all. It can not only save your company money, but it also has less of a negative impact on the environment, is sustainable, and can help you achieve a positive, Eco-aware identity as a brand. Eco-friendly packaging is also healthier for both the consumer and manufacturer as it contains no harmful chemical-laden or synthetic materials that are likely to cause any health issues.